This 40 day challenge is to bring you closer to Christ. Your salvation depends on your discipline to follow the guidelines. Jesus Christ illustrates the perfect example to overcome evil by quoting scriptures.
The guidelines to the 40 day challenge is based on 3 important elements:
1. Prayer: After accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and saviour you need to discipline yourself to a prayerful life. Through prayer we create healthy habits that will CHANGE your life for the better. Every day thank the Lord for another day of life. Prayer is powerful. (Philippians 4:16) “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done.” Pray about your fears, your relationships, your work, your plans, your addictions, and pray for others. Ask the Lord to give you his wisdom and understanding. Ask him to give you peace. Ask him to give you the discernment you need, so you can carry out your plans according to Gods will. Never forget to thank God for everything! Thank God for Jesus, because Jesus is the bridge that connects us to God. We need to be very grateful for the sacrifice Jesus took upon himself. Jesus was the purest sacrifice. The bible says in (John 3:16)“For God so loved the world,that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. Wow! Now that’s something that we need to be grateful for. Through Christ we have the victory to overcome anything! What is required of us is to believe in Christ, have faith in him, we need to worship him, and live a prayerful life. Everything will fall into place according to Gods time, not ours. Thank God for the good and bad. When we face challenges in our lives, is an opportunity to be redefined and polished to Gods perfection. We should not get upset at God when things don’t go our way. God knows what is best for us and he is preparing us for what is yet to come. It’s important not give up. Not to give into temptation. We need to have ultimate faith in Jesus. Find rest in Jesus. Everything will have a purpose. At times we cannot understand it, but believe me God is at work. Our challenges and the victory Jesus gives us will give birth to a good testimony for others to hear. Another concern you should pray about are addictions. If you are battling with an addiction it’s very important to pray about deliverance. Call the addiction by its name. Ask our Lord to remove the addiction from your life. For example, if you have a problem with alcohol say. . “In Jesus name deliver me from the addiction of alcohol.” When we identify our problem and lifted it up in prayer Jesus will give you victory. Also say, “Thank you Jesus that you are healing me and breaking me free from my addiction of _____.” You fill in the blank. Another important topic is family and friends. Pray for everyone you know. Ask the Lord to guide them as well. Ask the Lord to give you the discernment to lead by example as you share your testimony with them. Do not be ashamed to share the word of God. To have a family is a blessing even though many of you may think otherwise. No matter what circumstance you were born into, give the Lord thanks for your parents even if you don’t know them. We need to acknowledge that a man gives part of himself to a woman and woman gives birth to a creation of God. And even if you’re a child of a negative experience you need to realize you’re a child of the most High God! You are a creation of God. Our true father is God the one we serve. Our earthly parents are to be acknowledged, but they are not our identity. They are not our salvation. We are not the product of their failures. We are here on earth to make a difference. Our birth-right is to find our identity in Christ and not in sinful people, or the things of the world. Now, by praying and acknowledging all that you read, another important thing you need to do everyday is to repent of any sins you were guilty of. Say, “Lord, forgive me for my sins (call them by name) and please forgive me for the negative things that cross my mind. Please continue to show me your way and allow the truth to be engraved in my mind. Set me free Lord. Convict my heart when I’m wrong. Give me your wisdom.” In Jesus name, amen! Prayers can be said while kneeling on the floor, or simply when you have a moment to tune out the world and tune into a conversation with God. Prayer is a special privilege we have. Prayer has to be meaningful. Having a prayer-FULL life is to become so full of it every single day, that it will fill the emptiness you feel inside.
2. Worship: Click on the link so you can learn the definition of worship; http://www.thefreedictionary.com/worship The meaning of “worship” is to “fall down before” or “bow down before.” Worship is a state (an attitude) of spirit. Since it’s an internal, individual action, it could/should be done all the time in our lives, regardless of place or situation (John 4:21). Therefore, Christians should worship all the time, seven days a week. When Christians formally gather together in worship, still the emphasis should be on individually worshiping the Lord. Even in a church (congregation) participants need to be aware that they are worshiping God fully on an individual basis. The nature of Christian worship is from the inside out and has two equally important parts. We must worship “in spirit and in truth” (John 4:23-24). Worshiping in the spirit has nothing to do with our physical posture. It has to do with our innermost being and requires several things. First, we must be born again. Without the Holy Spirit residing within us, we cannot respond to God in worship because we do not know Him. “No one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God” (1 Corinthians 2:11). The Holy Spirit within us is the one who energizes worship because He is in essence glorifying Himself, and all true worship glorifies God. Second, worshiping in spirit requires a mind centered on God and renewed by Truth. Paul exhorts us to “present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind” (Romans 12:1–2). Only when our minds are changed from being centered on worldly things to being centered on God can we worship in spirit. Distractions of many kinds can flood our minds as we try to praise and glorify God, hindering our true worship. Third, we can only worship in spirit by having a pure heart, open and repentant. When King David’s heart was filled with guilt over his sin with Bathsheba (2 Samuel 11), he found it impossible to worship. He felt that God was far from him, and he “groaned all day long” feeling God’s hand heavy upon him (Psalm 32:3–4). But when he confessed, fellowship with God was restored and worship and praise poured forth from him. He understood that “the sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart” (Psalm 51:17). Praise and worship toward God cannot come from hearts filled with un-confessed sin.
The second part of true worship is worship “in truth.” All worship is a response to truth, and that which is truth is contained in the Word of God. Jesus said to His Father, “Thy word is truth” (John 17:17). Psalm 119 says, “Thy law is truth” (verse 142) and “Thy word is true” (verse 160). To truly worship God, we must understand who He is and what He has done, and the only place He has fully revealed Himself is in the Bible. Worship is an expression of praise from the depths of our hearts toward a God who is understood through His Word. If we do not have the truth of the Bible, we do not know God and we cannot be truly worshiping.
Since external actions are unimportant in Christian worship, there is no rule regarding whether we should sit, stand, fall down, be quiet, or sing praises loudly while in corporate worship. These things should be decided based on the nature of the congregation. The most important thing is that we worship God in spirit (in our hearts) and in truth (in our minds) all the time.
The Bible: Click on this link to learn about the K.J.V Bible. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_James_Version * I personally suggest you read the New Living Translation because is easier to understand. The bible has to play a major role in our lives. It has to become part of who you are. Studying the word of God has a tremendous meaning. The word of God is the weapon we have against the enemy. We need to memorize scriptures. We need to fill ourselves with the teachings of Christ in order to have a healthy Christian lifestyle. In today’s culture many Christians don’t read the bible. I consider that a sad thing because that’s practically leaving an open door for satan to walk through. If we don’t read the word of God every day we will face consequences. We can become venerable and weak to the attacks of the enemy because we are not filled with the word of God. We need to know that unforseen evil and good forces are at work. The spiritual battle is real! Living without studying the bible is like giving someone a car for the first time and expect them to drive the car without any knowledge. What do you think can happen? An accident can happen. They can die in an accident, they can kill someone, they can seriously injure themselves, or others. It’s important to learn the basic instructions for driving right? Well the bible is our manual to life and it gives us the instructions so we can prepare ourselves; otherwise, we will be prone to accidents or even death. Another suggestion, buy a study bible that can guide you. Some people will prefer to use technology vs an actual bible, but I suggest you use both. A study bible can explain the scriptures. The main focus is to study the word every day. Before you start reading the bible pray to Christ to guide you. Tell him, “Lord, give me your wisdom to understand the truth.” Bible study should be an intimate moment. A communion with you and the Holy Spirit. Remember to feel awake and try to focus. The enemy will try to make you feel sleepy. He will do his best to distract you. He will even tell your mind to leave the studying for another day, as days go by you will feel as God turned away from you. Truth is you’re the one who actually turned away from him. Keep in mind we are not promised tomorrow. It’s really important to know when you’re becoming distracted. God has to be a priority in our lives and the way to become closer to Him is by reading the bible. As a new believer in Christ, you will never feel like you need to study the word. (ADVICE) you must push yourself to do so. Once you overcome all the odds that are trying to keep you away from the truth, you will realize the benefits the bible study brings. Attend bible study groups. Surround yourself for the first 40 days around believers that share the same faith as you. Encourage others to read with you. Realize it’s really important to guard your heart. Satan will try to keep you away from the truth. If by any chance you become separated from Gods word, in the name of Jesus rebuke the devil! Say out loud with authority, “You have no power over me satan and in the name of Jesus I will read the word. I believe in Jesus Christ, and he gave me victory over you.” Please memorize or write down small bible scriptures that you can recite as much as you have to. Repeat them over an over again until you memorize a scripture. Saying a scripture to yourself or out loud will give you the strength to overcome the negative feelings. A bible scripture that helped me a lot was. . .
“I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me”
Check out these links that will assist you with your bible study:
** WRITE DOWN THE GUIDELINES**
1. Pray meaningful prayers 2. Worship our Lord. Sing praises to Him. 3. Study the bible. Attend church. Memorize bible scriptures.
Be mindful of all your choices. Choices have a domino effect. Keep in mind to listen to Christian music. If you wish to listen to worldly music, let it be positive music. Music plays a major role in our culture. I will write about music another time. Don’t watch videos or shows that can pollute your mind. Don’t watch movies that can give you the desire to feel lustful. Everything we watch and listen to have an affect on our thought patterns. We are Gods children, so ask yourself — Would Christ be part of this? What would Christ do in my situation? Would Christ watch pornography? Would Christ listen to this trashy music? Would Christ curse and yell? Would Christ drink to get drunk? Would Christ indulge in sexual relations with different people? Would Christ be selfish? Would Christ deny God, so He can be accepted by people? Would Christ lie? Would Christ be disrespectful? Would Christ do drugs? Would Christ lust over a body? Would Christ steal? To answer your questions my answer is NO! Why am I so sure of that? Because in the bible it teaches us that Christ is the opposite of all that. Keep these things engraved in your mind and go against the lies you’ve been believing all this years. Because those ways are not of God. The devil has created ungodly illusions for the world to believe. Is not okay to live like that. The devils mission is to enslave us to sin. To distract us from living a pure honest life that glorifies God. Keep in mind satan will even use people who will tempt you as well. Some people can be wolf’s dressed in sheep’s clothing. The only way to recognize those kind of people are by questioning their beliefs. Who and what do they worship? Most importantly, what do you worship? What and who are you putting before God? Think about it. It’s time to make your crooked path straight.
I pray that your heart is receptive to all the information I provided. I know it may seem overwhelming at first but you will not regret it.
- Lessons From the Wilderness: Part Three (breadforthebride.wordpress.com)
- Hungry and desperate (kellycarpen0.wordpress.com)
- There’s Still Hope – Always Has Been – Always Will Be (postzombiechurchblog.wordpress.com)